While the scientific community has yet to come on board with this, we have had very positive reports from our clients.
Some of the benefits that mothers have reported:
- less 'baby blues'
- reduction is postpartum depression symptoms and/or not having postpartum depression reoccur with subsequent pregnancy.
- more energy
- less postpartum bleeding
- better milk supply
- feeling more balanced hormonally
- quicker recovery from vaginal and c-section birth
Placenta Preparation Methods we use: (you choose which method you feel is best for you)
- Raw Preparation: cubed placenta, frozen as an addition to smoothies
- Half Raw, Half TCM
- TCM, Traditional Chinese Medicine Method, see description below.
TCM Placenta Encapsulation:
- Placenta Capsules are made from your placenta
- The placenta is steamed with lemon, ginger and green chilli according to TCM recipes
- The placenta is dehydrated using a food dehydrator or oven for 8-10 hours until crisp
- The dried placenta is ground into a powder and put into empty vegetable capsules
Contraindications with TCM capsules: TCM placenta capsules are known as a 'heat' or 'yang' energy in Chinese Medicine and therefore should be stopped when the body is experiencing fever from infection, as a result of mastitis/flues or illness. It is said that the heat from the placenta capsules will feed the infection, rather than feeding the body itself. We highly advise mothers to suspend their capsules while they are ill or feeling feverish until they are fully recovered and well.
We take great pride in the safety of our encapsulation process. We have a dedicated kitchen in our office for encapsulations.
We also adhere to strict barrier and bloodborne pathogen precautions. Each placenta is labeled with your name on the container and bag to prevent mix ups. Only one placenta is processed at a time, and hospital grade disinfectant is used where bleach
and/or sterilization is not appropriate. If you have any questions about our process, do not hesitate to give us a call.
Fees: $225.00, discounts for Veterans, and clients utilizing other COL services.
If you are in need of a reduced fee because of financial hardship, PLEASE speak to your encapsulator for sliding scale fees.
Links to more information about Placenta Encapsulation: