| || |
Homebirth and Well Woman Care
Jennifer feels that women need to feel powerful and in charge of their bodies, their birth and family choices.
To achieve this, we offer homebirth, preconception and Well Woman services in our offices.
There's no place like home!
Many women feel that the best place for them to give birth is in the comfort of their own home.
In our experience women choose midwives because they feel the holistic and woman centered
We support women fully in their abilityto choose their place of birth, the care they want,
and the provider that will support their choices.
Midwives are trained in the normal physiological pregnancy & birth process.
This means that I expect normal, but realize when signs and symptoms fall out of the range of normal, and will consult, collaborate or transfer your care if needed.Schedule of Care:
These skills take up about 15-20 mins. of our hour together, the rest of the time is spent getting to know one another and building our team.
- Urine and/or blood pregnancy testing.
- Prenatal blood work and ultrasound (if desired/needed).
- Prenatal appointments on a traditional schedule
- monthly until 30 weeks,
- biweekly until 36 weeks, then weekly until birth.
- Prenatal appointments include:
- full physical (if needed)
- blood pressure
- urine dip
- fundal height
- belly palpation for babies growth and position
- nutrition overview
- pregnancy symptom check
- any labor work needed
- We do 1-3 homevisits during your pregnancy. It allows us to get a feel for the drive and help you ready your home for your birth.
- We are on 24/7/365 call for you.
- When you are in labor, we come to your home, set up, and help you and your support people find a rhythm for your labor.
- We offer birth pools for water labor/birth.
- We bring, and are trained in CPR & NRP, along with carrying medications, oxygen, instruments and suture equipment if needed.
and order ultrasounds. If we can not resolve the issue we consult with area Dr.s to ensure you and your baby's health.
- If any medical issues arise in pregnancy, we have the ability to run tests
After the birth we stay with you for 2-4 hours, to clean up, observe you and the baby's health, and help with breastfeeding.
24 hours, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks & 6 weeks.
- We do a newborn exam after the birth and fax those records to your baby's dr.
- We remain on 24 hour call for you for 6 weeks.
- Standard postpartum visits are as follows:
- If any breastfeeding and/or health issues arise for you or the baby, we build in extra visits.
- We perform for the baby: Filing the birth certificate, newborn hearing screening, newborn pulse ox screening, vitamin k & eye ointment, newborn metabolic screening and evaluation and assessment for lip and tongue tie.
|Participating In-Network Insurance |
- Blue Cross Blue Shield BCBS
- Green Mountain Care (VT Medicaid)
- Coming soon! Cigna
specifically for medical needs. Start your application here
If we are NOT in-network with your insurance
These insurance companies will pay for your lab work and ultrasounds,
along with other medical testing should it become necessary.
|Other ways to Pay: |
- Credit Card
- Payment Plans
- Hardship Sliding Scale Fees
- Liberty HealthShare & Samaritan Ministries
We can discuss the details of your particular insurance plan with our biller.
Many times we can get partial coverage.
1. Do you use medical equipment/medications?
We bring a Doppler for listening to the fetal heartbeat during labor, medical equipment for monitoring maternal vital signs, herbs, homeopathics, and various other supplies and equipment. We also carry oxygen and resuscitation equipment, emergency medications to stop bleeding, IV supplies, and suturing equipment with local anesthetic.
2. What do you think about waterbirth?
We love waterbirth! Warm water in labor can make a tremendous difference for many women, and there is some evidence that water can make a smoother transition for baby. We offer waterbirth tub rental for an additional cost.
3.Do you accept VBAC clients?
Yes we do! A thorough history of your list pregnancy and birth will be discussed to make sure you are a good candidate for VBAC.
4. What about the birth certificate and social security for the baby?
We provide the necessary paperwork required by the state to obtain these documents.
5. Are you willing to make financial arrangements? Yes, please discuss this with us at your Initial Visit.
5. And the MESS???
The mess is a universal question. Everybody wonders what to do about the mess. And it's just not an issue. Families are often surprised (and relieved) to find that the midwives have left their homes as tidy as it was before the birth (sometimes tidier!) You may not have even believed a baby was born there, except that you are holding the little one in your arms!
6. I want my three year old son to be at the birth. What do you think?
We adore having children present for the births! Moreover, we think it's of significant importance for the bonding of the family and welcoming of the newborn. It's important, though, to have an adult present just for your child. Ideally, that adult should be someone who can be completely present and responsive to your child. And, of course, it should be someone with whom your child is comfortable. There are wonderful books and materials for preparing children for the sights and sounds of labor and birth; we can help you find these. Rest assured that children generally do great with birth, especially when they've been adequately prepared.
I live in an apartment, and I'm concerned about the noise.
Don't be. It's really not as loud as you might expect. We are conditioned to believe that birth is a loud, dramatic affair. The truth is birth is just another normal human biological process. Beautiful and amazing, yes. But also pretty quiet and kind of boring. Chances are pretty good your neighbors won't know you've had a baby until you make a formal, public announcement.
Well Woman Care
For women in all stages of life, Circle of Life offers health and wellness care beyond pregnancy, new mothers, and women who plan to become pregnant. Many women choose Licensed Midwives for their Well Woman health care throughout all of their life stages — not just pregnancy and birth.
At Circle of Life, we believe in a holistic approach to your health and wellness.
We offer Annual Well Woman Exams to empower you and help you feel confident and in control of your own health care.
Jennifer provides high-quality health care for women throughout each life stage.
What to Expect During your Well Woman Exam
Well Woman Care a general health history, a sexual health history, a review of medications, contraceptive counseling, menopause counseling, a physical exam and if needed, laboratory or other testing.
During your examination, our LIcesned Midwife will and give you a thorough and gentle examination, including:
- General Physical Exam
- Pap Smear
- STD Testing (if needed)
- Breast Exam
- Blood work (if needed)
- Herbal and Vitamin Supplements
- Nutrition Counseling
- Preconception & Reproductive Counseling
- Charting BBT
- Ovulation Prediction
- Barrier Method Birth Control
- Cervical Cap and Diaphram Fitting (non latex devices for less irritation)
- Vegan natural Spermicide for less irritation
- Fertility Charting & Natural Family Planning Method Training & Support
- Referrals for more extensive testing if needed
|Teens First Gynecological Exam |
A midwife is ideal for a young woman’s first gynecological experience.
If you are the mother of a teenage daughter, we encourage you to talk with her about the importance of her health care at every life stage.
Our midwives provide patient and gentle care, and allow plenty of
time to answer questions.
If you are a teenage girl in search of the right health care provider for you, we invite you to visit our midwives here at Circle of Life. The exam is gentle and moves at your own pace. It also allows plenty of time to address any concerns or answer any questions that you may have about your health and your changing body.
|Other Concerns |
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Pelvic Floor Weakness
- Non prescription Birth Control
- Birth Control Counseling
Should any concerns or conditions require more specific attention or observation your
midwife will refer you to a gynecologist or other specialists as needed.
All of these services are usually covered by insurance and are included in ourComprehensive Midwifery Fees if you are planning a homebirth with us.
If you do not have insurance we can help you to obtain it or adjust fees to help you make our payment easier.