Doula Support for
Birth & Postpartum
" There is a secret in our culture and it is not
that birth is painful but that women are strong."
Laura Stavoe Harm
What is a Birth Doula/Montrice*?
A woman who is there by your side supporting you and your partner during pregnancy, birth and the postpartum period.
Doulas are trained in the physical and emotional changes of pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and newborn care.
A Montrice* has further training that allows you to stay at home longer while having the baby monitored and your progress
assesed, when ready, the montrice will accompany you to the hospital to act in the role of doula, and support you throughout.
|Doulas reduce the risk of: |
- C-section by 50%
- Epidural use by 60%
- Pitocin use by 40%
- Narcotic use 30%
- Forceps by 40%
- Length of labor by 20%
- Also decreases the risk of episiotomy and post partum depression
|Increases the rate of: |
- Improved neonatal outcome
- Better mother-infant bonding
- Greater birth satisfaction
- Better partner interaction
- Feeling of empowerment through birth
For more information click here: The Evidence for Doulas
Birth Doula/Montrice* Services
- Free meeting and consultation.
- At least 2 prenatal meetings.
- Continuous prenatal contact by phone.
- Helping you to make a Birth Plan.
- 24 hour on call availability.
- Continuous support throughout your labor and delivery
- Breastfeeding help and advice
- Newborn care advice
* A Montrice has further training, and many times is also a midwife assistant and/or midwife
that will do labor support for hospital birthing women.
Sliding Scale Fees: $500-1,500 Doula/Monitrice
Postpartum Doula Support
Everyone needs support through a joyous and stressful time of transition. Whether your family is new to parenthood or you already have children, you will find customized care with postpartum doula support.
Postpartum Doulas offer a wide variety of care:
- help with baby care
- do laundry
- light housekeeping
- cooking and meal prep
- pet care
- grocery shopping
- sibling care
- momma care
Your postpartum doula is like having a trusted friend coming to help while your family,
mind and body adjust to the ins and outs of daily life with a new baby.
Sliding Scale Fees: $15-30 an hour, with a 3 hour minimum.We offer sliding scale fees, payment plans, military discounts
as well as multiple service discounts to our clients.
Call today for a free consult.